With its brilliant pink facade, the Flamingo Las Vegas is as colorful as the history behind it.
It seems appropriate that the Flamingo Las Vegas is a direct descendant of the hotel where modern Vegas began. Benjamin “Bugsy” Siegel’s original Flamingo is gone, but the hotel that bears the name continues to live up to its name.
The lush gardens behind the room towers seem removed from Sin City entirely, with live African penguins, Chilean flamingos, Mandarin ducks and Koi fish frolicking in ponds and under three-story waterfalls. A number of tennis courts, swimming pools and a world-class health spa make the Flamingo seem less a casino and more of a full resort.
It goes without saying that the casino is enormous, with 2,100 slot machines, 71 table games and a giant race and sports book to reward the fortunate.
Entertainment abounds at the Flamingo Las Vegas with several shows, including the comedy magic of Nathan Burton and the song stylings of brother and sister duo Donny and Marie.
Restaurants cater to tastes ranging from Italian to Chinese. The Paradise Garden Buffet serves up delicious food in an idyllic setting and Steakhouse46 pays tribute to the historic Flamingo’s inaugural year.
Too keep the party going, waste your night away at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville or enjoy a microbrew at Sin City Brewing Co. on a patio adjacent to the 15-acre pool and wildlife complex.
True to its lineage, the Flamingo Las Vegas is a quintessential Las Vegas experience.
- Number of rooms: 3,626.
- Casino: Yes, 77,000 square feet. Casino games include Blackjack, Blazing Sevens, Caribbean Stud Poker, Craps, Million-dollar Keno, Let It Ride, Pai Gow Poker, Poker, Roulette, 2,100 Slots, Megabucks and Super Megabucks. The casino has a poker room.
- Race & sports book: Yes, a 100-seat race and sports book, equipped with 63 televisions and 10 big screens.
- Restaurants: The Flamingo has the following dining options: Tropical Breeze, Paradise Garden Buffet, Jimmy buy proscar with no prescription Buffet’s Margaritaville,Steakhouse46, Hamada of Japan, Java Coast, Beach Club and The Burger Joint.
- Entertainment: A variety of shows and live entertainment includingGeorge Wallace, Nathan Burton Comedy Magic, Donny and Marie,Vinnie Favorito and X Burlesque.
- Nightlife: Sin City Brewing Co. and Margaritaville.
- Attractions: The Flamingo Las Vegas Wildlife Habitat features live African penguins and Chilean flamingos.
- Pool: Yes, a 15-acre pool area with three pools and a Jacuzzi.
- Health Club: Yes.
- Spa: Yes, The Spa offers massages and services. The Alexandra Noel Salon is located outside of the spa in the hotel.
- Shops: D’Finess, Promenade Gift Shop, Flamingo Apparel, The Jewelers, Destinations, Yves Chantre, Ethel M, The Pearl Factory, Accents, Kidz Clubhouse, Alta Villa Gift Shop.
- Wedding chapel: Yes, the The Garden Wedding Chapel offers a number wedding ceremony packages.
- Convention rooms: Yes.
- Business center: Yes.
- In-room internet access: Each room has a phone jack for dial-up internet access.
- Wheelchair accessible rooms: Yes.
- RV park: No.
- Child-care facilities: No.
- Pets allowed: No.
- Room service: Yes.
- Parking garage: Yes, a seven-story parking garage.
- Shuttle service to the airport: No.
- Shuttle service to the Strip: The new Las Vegas monorail route includes stops at: MGM Grand, Bally’s / Paris, Flamingo, Harrah’s / Imperial Palace, Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas Hilton and the Sahara.
- Standard room amenities: Air conditioning, in-room safe, on-command movies, remote-controlled cable TV, hair dryer, iron, radio, alarm clock, electronic door locks, desk, telephone and voice mail.
- Hotel amenities: Tennis club, Dollar-Rent-a-Car desk, beauty salon and barber shop, concierge, currency exchange, luggage, maid and room service, safety deposit box and wake-up call.
- Check-in time: 3 p.m.
- Check-out time: 12 p.m.
- Minimum age to reserve a room: 21 years.
- Policies: Rates are for single or double occupancy only. An additional person rate of $30 per person, per night will be charged, regardless of age.
- Incidental charges: Hotel requires a credit card or a cash deposit for incidental charges.